One-on-one discussion: Science and business – partners or adversaries in sustainability?
One of the primary goals of the Sustainability Summit is to create a platform for business and science to meet and discuss, thereby facilitating cooperation in the field of sustainability. For the opening presentation of the conference, we have invited one of the Czech Republic’s premier environmental scientists, prof. Tomáš Cajthaml of the Institute for Environmental Studies of Charles University’s Faculty of Science, and the technical director of one of the largest corporations, Ondřej Beneš from Veolia Czech Republic, to discuss cooperation between science and business. The topics they will touch on include:
- Who is more out of touch with reality – scientists or business?
- Is there mutual understanding or rather misunderstanding for the other side?
- How to improve cooperation between academia and business in the Czech Republic and Slovakia?
- Can business support the dismal financial conditions in universities?
- What is the problem with communication between scientific workplaces and business practice?
- How does sustainability collaboration differ from other areas of science and research? Is cooperation more important here than in other areas?
- According to the discussion participants, which specific cooperation projects in the field of sustainability and beyond were of the greatest importance?
Don’t miss this inspiring discussion, which will be moderated by the expert guarantor of the summit, prof. Vladimír Kočí.